Break The Chain - Birmingham Against Modern Day Slavery
When:Wednesday 19 March 2014 19:00 to 21:00
This will be an evening of powerful short-films from independent film makers – shining a light on a practice that thrives in the shadows. All of the films screened are based on real life case studies.
It will be a fantastic demonstration of how young people can run awareness-raising events to tackle social issues and protect vulnerable people.
Screenings of short-films Nicu, The Trip, Let’s Talk About Sex and Safina will be followed by expert-led panel debates to raise awareness of different aspects of Modern Day Slavery. See below for more information about the panel.
- James Behan, Head of Operations, UK Human Trafficking Centre
- Alison Cook, SAFE Project (Birmingham NHS project for sex workers)
- Mark Heath, Gangmasters Licensing Authority
- Detective Superintendent Tim Bacon, West Midlands Police
- Kerry Scarlett, Adavu Project / Regional Anti-Trafficking Network.
The night will also include spoken word pieces and live music with local artists specially commissioned to perform. To avoid disappointment, please contact The MAC box office to book your tickets.